Skip Navigation

Transfer Students

Welcome to Motlow

Welcome. We are glad you are considering Motlow. We are an open-access community college. We will meet you wherever you are in life and guide you through completion of your degree or certificate.

Steps to Transfer

You have previously attended another college and want to transfer to Motlow to receive a certificate or degree. Submit requested documents to the Motlow Admissions Office.

  • Apply to Motlow
  • Submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED score
  • Request an official transcript from each college or university you have attended
  • Complete an  immunization waiver
  • Submit proof of citizenship
  • Monitor your Motlow student email account for important information and notifications
  • Check your admission status in your MyMotlow account

If you are under 21, please include this additional step:

  • Submit your official ACT or SAT score. Include Motlow’s school code: 006836.*

Placement Scores Note*

  • For placement purposes, new freshmen are encouraged to submit official ACT or SAT scores achieved within the last five (5) years. 
  • Recent high school graduates with cumulative high school GPAs of 3.6 or higher may register for any course that does not include a prerequisite.
  • Recent high school graduates with cumulative high school GPAs below 3.6 who elect to enroll without test scores will be placed in learning support courses. New applicants should consider discussing this option with a Completion Coach as the absence of test scores could affect opportunities such as scholarships, honors, and HOPE eligibility.
  • Students without test scores or whose scores and/or GPA are over five (5) years can schedule the ACCUPLACER exam through the Testing Center.

Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) Transfers

Motlow partners with specific TCATs for seamless transfer from the the TCAT to Motlow.

Scroll to top